Monday, October 30, 2017

New Diet thing

I have been working with my mom on trying to find some sort of diet and exercise plan that will work for her for awhile. She's tried a million things, I've tried a million things, we both have trouble sticking to them and we both have issues when anyone or thing tells us what we can and can not have and or do. We fall off wagons a lot.

I have managed for the most part to keep my weight under control, and by that I mean I haven't been anywhere near the 300 pound mark that I was at when I decided to lose weight. But I have never been sub 190, and my goal for a long long time as been 180. It's a bit frustrating to keep getting so close then derailing.

Last week I say a weight on my scale that I said would be my warning weight. I hit 210. Which means that I have gained 20 pounds since my lowest weight. When I saw that I panicked a bit. I remember talking with my wife when I was solidly under 195 and saying that I just didn't want to gain weight anymore. I was liking how I looked (that is a huge deal for me, I mostly hate myself, it's a problem, but therapy is expensive) and in a somewhat panicky voice I just kept saying how this was good I just want to stay here, just not get heavier, ect... Welp, I failed, again, and again. and again, and managed to gain 20 pounds.

I noticed that pull ups and muscle ups we're getting tougher a few weeks back and decided it was injury, or shoulder underdevelopement. Then hand stand push ups started to really suck. Guess what? It wasn't a shoulder problem. Don't believe me? I didn't either, so I went to my car pulled the 20 pound vest on and went to garage to do some pull ups. Want to know what's way harder with an extra 20 pounds? Everything is, you thought it was pull ups, but it's everything. I am killing my performance with food. I love food though, it's delicious and gives me an immediate satisfaction in a way that I assume only cigarettes could replace, or drugs. Though I am not really into that idea.

Enter this weird diet. I have done all the background research on it. Frankly I know very little about it honestly. Some of the concepts seem to mesh with a lot of what I've read over the years about our modern metabolisms, but my Mom has done a lot of the background and I've decided to just give it a shot. It is both massively restrictive and not restrictive at all. With the huge reduction in calories 2 times a week you are obviously restricting, but as the guy says "You're only a day away from being able to eat". So It seems really doable. This is what I am going to call day 1 for me, it's  my first fast day. It's about 10am right now I haven't eaten anything yet, but I have gone through a period of that level of hunger that makes me want to throw up.

I will keep tracking my weight and measurements throughout this and see how this goes. I think my main concern is the impact on my lifting and workouts. If it seems to adverse for that I'll make changes accordingly, but until then we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment